Amazing paint protection for the educated consumer! Keep your vehicle's paint looking it's best for years to come!
Crystal Serum Light is the prosumer version of the world famous Gtechniq Accredited Detailer only Crystal Serum - a coating so hard that if applied incorrectly can only be removed by using 1,500 grit sand paper.
Serum Light offers 80% of Professional Serums performance, but if applied incorrectly can be machine polished from your vehicles paintwork.
When it comes to adding gloss, resisting swirls, contaminant and dirt repellency, Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Serum Light are the pinnacle in paint protection.
- Best possible swirl mark and chemical resistance from a consumer grade product
- Incredible gloss
- 3 to 5 years durability
- Available in 30ml and 50ml sizes
Serum Light forms an ultra- durable, high-gloss, slick to the touch, chemically bonding inorganic layer of 9h optically clear ceramic. Once applied, gloss levels will remain in the upper 90th percentile for significantly longer when compared to traditional paint protection products, and cleaning your car will be a breeze.
The high density ceramic layer is resistant to chemicals ranging from pH2 - pH12. This characteristic also makes bonded contaminants such as tree sap, tar, and hard water spots, easy to remove.
Unlike mainstream wax and organic polymer coatings, Serum and Serum Light can resist much higher and lower temperatures. They resist temperatures as low as -40 F to as high as +482 F.
Application and Storage:
- Note - some basic knowledge of detailing products and procedures is recommended before applying CSL. Our EXO and C2 products are better suited for beginners.
- To apply CSL your vehicle must be indoors and it must remain indoors for at least 12 hours after applicationí_
- Ambient conditions must be above 41 degrees F and below 72 F
- Wash and then decontaminate your vehicles paintwork with Gtechniq W5 Citrus All Purpose Cleaner and W6 Iron and General Fallout Remover. If required, clay your paintwork to remove other bonded contaminants
- If needed, polish your paintwork, either by machine or by hand, to remove any imperfections
- Spray Gtechniq Panel Wipe onto a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth
- With your panel fully cooled after polishing, taking care to avoid any paint protection film or other types of vinyl film, buff away all polish residues. This process ensures you will get the maximum number of chemical bonds between the coating and your vehicles paintwork
- Put on the gloves provided to prevent CSL coming into contact with your skin
- Soak the application pad with two full measures from the pipette and work the liquid into the pad to get an even saturation
- Replace the lid on the bottle and set aside - do not keep the bottle in your hand as this promotes premature curing
- Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2 x 2, or work to the bodylines of the vehicleí_
- After coating a single small panel or half a larger panel, remove residue with MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth. Always remove from further than you have applied, working from the outside in. It is essential to check for residueí_
- You may need to buff the same area several times to remove residue. We recommend using two microfibre cloths at any one time. Please note that you are only removing excess product
- When working with coatings, we recommend you inspect the panels with a bright but diffuse light source, not with bright spot lights which are very poor for spotting coating residue
- Avoid buffing with too much force as this can spoil the surface you are protecting, and you may also drag the partially cured coating off the surface
- Take care that the microfibre cloths you are using are rotated sufficiently and quickly so that CSL does not partially cure in the cloth, if it does cure then buffing residue will be significantly more difficult
- If you miss removing residue and it cures fully, you should re-polish this area, and reapply CSL
- As soon as you finish put the microfibres in water, and wash and dry them as soon as possible
- Use CSL within 1 year of purchasing, for best results, once opened use within 3 months
- Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that is out of direct sunlight