Ready for some crazy protection and water-beading action?
EXO delivers a hard film that makes water-spots easy to remove, offers great resistance to all wash chemicals and can help withstand micro-marring. It produces a high-gloss, warm-looking, extreme hydrophobic finish.
EXO delivers a consistent film that is more durable and resistant to road salt and wash chemicals than its predecessors. Application is easy, with a slow flash-off time, giving more time to achieve a perfect finish.
All of the above combined with the introduction of a good degree of swirl resistance means EXO represents a major leap forward in Last Surface Protection (LSP) technology.
- Up to 2 years on a daily driven car
- Great gloss, water and dirt repellency
- Easy to apply
- Hydrophobic (water beading)
Coverage, Application, & Storage:
- Ensure that you have sufficient product to coat your vehicle. For cars up to and including a medium sedan eg a BMW 3 series touring, 30ml is sufficient but for full sized cars including 4x4s and SUVs you will need the larger 50ml bottle
- EXO can be applied as a standalone sealant or as a top layer for Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer or Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) - we recommend applying C1 or CSL as a base coat for easy to mark and dark paints
- If you are applying over C1, EXO should be applied more than 2 hours but less than 12 hours after you finish the C1 application
- If you are applying over CSL, EXO can either be applied straight away after you have finished applying CSL starting the process at the same place you did with CSL and following the same order of panels you did with CSL, or it can be applied up to 24 hours after finishing the CSL application
- In addition to this kit you will need at least two but ideally four Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloths
- Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5 degrees celsius, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 12 hours after application
- If needed, polish your paintwork either by machine or by hand to remove any imperfections
- Wipe down all surfaces using Gtechniq Panel Wipe and a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth (apply the Panel Wipe to the cloth and buff - not directly to the panel) if you are applying over newly applied C1 or CSL, this step is not required
- Put on the nitrile gloves provided
- Drop several (between 5 and 10) drops of product onto the applicator provided. Work the liquid into the pad to get an even saturation
- Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2 x 2 (60x60cm), or work to the bodylines of the vehicle
- If the surface of the vehicle is between 5 and 15 degrees celsius, wait for two minutes and then fold your first MF1 twice to form a square, spread and remove most of the residue using a light touch. If the surface is between 15 and 25 celsius wait for one minute and for temperatures above this, remove immediately
- With your second folded cloth remove all remaining residues. We advise to move your head so that you get direct and oblique views of your finish to spot all residue. It is also advisable to use bright, but flat lighting, to make residue spotting easier
- Once you have finished coating your vehicle we recommend repeating the process starting from the same place as you did for the first layer and coating panels in the same order so that you coat your entire vehicle with two layers of EXO. You do not need to wait between applying the first and second coating but it will not make it harder to apply the second coating if you do leave a much longer interval between applying the first and second layer
- Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before getting wet
- We recommend allowing at least one week pass before washing your car
- For maintaining your finish we recommend hand washing your vehicle using a Gtechniq WM2 Microfibre Wash Mitt, GWash and an MF4 Diamond Sandwich Microfibre Drying Towel
- You will find that your vehicle is significantly easier to clean and whilst EXO has significantly better resistance to caustic wash chemicals these chemicals will shorten the lifespan of any coating and are not recommended as part of your care routine
- EXO can be over coated with other products, but if this is done you will get the surface performance of the product you overcoat it with and not EXO
- An unopened bottle of EXO has a 12 month shelf life from the time of purchase
- Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that's out of direct sunlight
- We recommend only using opened bottles within three months of opening