Keep your paint looking its best for 3-5 years with C1 Crystal Lacquer!
As well as gloss retention C1 Crystal Lacquer is extremely durable, as it actually becomes the functional surface of a cars paintwork. Also scratch-resistant, C1 forms a crystalline film which is extremely hard - this characteristic makes it effective at preventing minor scratching from poor wash technique on relatively soft automotive paint.
C1 coated panels have been tested against uncoated panels, as well as high-end carnauba waxes and polymer sealants.
C1 has been independently proven in the world's most respected weathering facility.
Over a simulated run of 3 years in Arizona sunlight, a C1 coated panel lost half the amount of gloss as its next best competitor, and a third less gloss than the average score for all other products tested.
On average, panels coated with Gtechniq C1, exhibited 50 percent fewer swirl marks than those coated with waxes or left uncoated.
- 3 to 5 years durability
- Excellent swirl mark resistance
- Crystal clear finish
Available in 30ml, 50ml and 250ml sizes.
Coverage, Application, and Storage:
- Ensure that you have sufficient product to coat your vehicle. For cars up to a small & medium 4-door sedan, 30ml is sufficient but for full sized cars including 4x4s and SUVs you will need the larger 50ml bottle
- Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 41 degrees F, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 3 hours after application
- When applying the product always wear gloves to prevent C1 coming into contact with your skin
- Dab product onto the application pad
- Replace the lid on the bottle and set aside - do not keep the bottle in your hand as this promotes premature curing
- Change the application pad after 3 to 4 applications of areas no bigger than half a car hood. If you do not do this, you will feel the coating becoming sticky when applying, this makes it extremely difficult to buff
- The coating forms an almost immediate reaction with the paint/fibreglass molecules it comes into contact with. Reaction time of C1 is temperature and humidity dependent for normal room temperature at around 50 percent humidity, we recommend buffing between 30 and 60 seconds afterwards
- You may need to buff the same area several times to remove residue. We recommend using two microfibre cloths at any one time. Please note that you are only removing excess product
- Avoid buffing with too much force as this can spoil the surface you are protecting, and you may also drag the partially cured coating off the surface
- Take care that the microfibre cloths you are using are rotated sufficiently and quickly so that C1 does not partially cure in the cloth, this will make buffing residue significantly more difficult
- If you miss removing residue and it cures fully, you should re-polish this area, and reapply C1
- As soon as you finish put the microfibres in water and wash and dry them as soon as possible, otherwise C1 will crystallise in the cloth
- Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before it gets wet
- Use C1 Crystal Lacquer within 1 year of purchasing
- Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that's out of direct sunlight
- We recommend only using opened bottles within three months of opening